Situated in the northern part of Peninsular Malaysia, where the Straits of Malacca meet the Indian Ocean. One of two populated islands off the coast of Kedah state, it is by far the largest at approximately 478 square kilometers. Flanked by a 10 million-year-old rainforest and the Andaman Sea, it boasts an abundance of rare wildlife and flora.
Much like its namesake, the Brahminy Kite, Langkawi is soaring into the hearts and minds of a growing international audience. The island now plays host to a multitude of visitors, both foreign and local, with international events like the Tour de Langkawi, an annual cycling competition from Langkawi to Kuala Lumpur.
To get a true feel of island life, our concierge suggests renting a car and circling the countryside to take in the peaceful landscape of paddy fields, small villages with wooden houses framed by palm trees, and small children pedaling along on their bicycles.
Aside from experiencing the local lifestyle, there is no shortage of things to do in Langkawi. Hop on our cable car to the summit of Gunung Mat Cincang, Langkawi's second highest mountain—for an unrivaled view of the entire main island and beyond. Enjoy day trips to The Field of Burnt Rice, the Hot Springs and Telaga Tujuh (The Seven Wells). Allow us to organize a boat tour of the mangroves, a diving expedition, or a visit to Langkawi’s underwater world—an underground tunnel that runs through an enormous aquarium. Langkawi, has a duty free status, which makes it a popular shopping destination among Malaysians.
Map & Directions
From Langkawi International Airport (LGK)
- After exiting the airport, turn left onto Airport Road.
- At the T-junction, turn right onto Jalan Kuala Muda.
- Continue across a distinctively designed bridge to another T-junction.
- Turn right onto Jalan Kuala Teriang.
- Continue for approximately 1 kilometer.
- After driving past a local primary school and Malay village, turn left onto Jalan Pantai Kok at the traffic light.
- Proceed for approximately 5.5 kilometers along a winding road until reaching a petrol station on the left.
- Turn right at the next T-junction onto Jalan Teluk Yu and proceed for approximately 3.4 kilometers.
- At the signboards at the next junction signal, make a left turn onto Jalan Teluk Datai.
- Guests will notice the signs for the resort's signature restaurant “Jala” and "Els Club Teluk Datai" board on the roadside.
- Proceed for approximately 12.6 kilometers.
- Pass The Els Club Teluk Datai golf course and proceed for approximately 1.3 kilometers.
- Turn left at the next junction.
- Follow this road until viewing the resort's signboard on your right hand side.
- Turn right into the resort.
Approximately 40 minutes
From The Jetty
- Proceed west onto Jalan Ayer Hangat.
- Turn onto Jalan Teluk Yu.
- Turn right onto Jalan Datai.
- Continue for approximately 12.6 kilometers.
- Once passing The Els Club Teluk Datai golf course. proceed for approximately 1.3 kilometers.
- Turn left at the next T-junction.
- Follow this road to the resort's signboard on the right.
- Turn right into the resort.
Approximately 55 minutes
Hear from our guests about their stay from 427 verified guest reviews
87%of our guests
recommend this hotel
Our family of 3 which includes a precocious 4 y.o. spent 5 wonderful nights at the Andaman. Our trip was special from pickup to drop off. We opted for the Bentley for p/u at the airport, I know, a little over the top but how often would you get the opportunity to ride in a Bentley?
We were greeted by Vijay upon check in and from the minute we arrived, he and his team were incredible. Vijay made sure to always say hello whenever he saw us and to check in on our stay. He is one of the nicest and most personable resort/hotel managers that we've ever met. Vijay took an active interest in our comfort which was a step above what most resort/hotel managers have done in the past. I cannot tell you how incredible his service and attention to detail was every day. His smile, relaxed personality and overall demeanor made our stay at the Andaman well worth the trip from New York City.
Some positives from the stay:
- Kids pool area
- Toys for the kids to play with in the water
- Kid play room which we unfortunately didn't use
- Incredible spa treatments, my wife and I both indulged
- Breakfast buffet, great selection of food each and every day
- Smiles from all of the staff when we were walking all over the resort, we felt welcome
- Ants, not sure why they came into our room and/or lingered but it was a very minor nuisance.
Other than the ants the trip was incredible. Not to mention the staff provided us with two small cakes to celebrate my wife's 40th bday and my daughter's 4th bday. Exceptional detail and care which made the trip even more special. I can't say enough great things about the resort, its location, the staff and just the relaxed environment allowed us to really disconnect from our lives and enjoy the beautiful scenery and amenities the Andaman offered. We felt blessed to have stayed at this resort over all the others on the island. We highly recommend this resort to other families with kids.
As a Platinum SPG member I stay anywhere from 50-75+ nights a year in hotels and the service at this resort rivaled the best we've experienced in Asia, the America's and in Europe. Keep up the great work!