Flying time to Langkawi
- 55 minutes from Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- 30 minutes from Penang Airport
- 90 minutes from Singapore Changi International Airport
Getting to the Andaman
From Langkawi Airport (LGK)
Travel Distance: Approximately 27km/16.7 miles
A drive which takes approximately 35 minutes due to the hilly, off-the-beaten track road. We recommend making arrangements for airport transfers with the hotel prior to arrival. Options for getting to and from the hotel includes:
Taxi: MYR80 taxis to the hotel are available upon arrival at the airport without prior arrangement.
Rental Car: Rental cars are easily arranged for at the airport as well as through the resort’s Concierge. If you are traveling by car, please see driving directions, from the airport or any other location. Car Parks are available on a complimentary basis for hotel guests; valet parking is also available.
- MYR150 nett per way for Airport Transfer (Vellfire, for 5 persons)
- MYR230 nett per way for Limo Transfer (BMW 7, for 3 persons)
- MYR320 nett per way for Luxury Limo (Bentley, for 3 person)
Enjoy a hassle free transfer to The Andaman Langkawi, reserve your limousine now!
From Jetty Point (AMG)
Travel Distance: Approximately 40km/24.85 miles
- MYR190 nett per way for Jetty Transfer (Vellfire, for 5 persons)
- MYR250 nett per way for Limo Transfer (BMW 7, for 3 persons)
- MYR380 nett per way for Luxury Limo (Bentley, for 3 persons)
Note: Estimated charges, fees and schedules are not guaranteed by hotel. Travel distance may be affected by local conditions and traffic.
Getting around Langkawi Island
Rental Car: Roads are generally not very busy, so rental cars are another easy way to see the island. Please note that in Malaysia, cars are right-hand drive. Prices can start from MYR60 a day for a compact car, and deposits can range anywhere from MYR50 to MYR100 during low season (September and October), or up to MYR80 during peak periods (December through April). Please do approach our car rental desk should you require additional information.
Taxi: Taxies, though more expensive than other transportation options, are available for daylong rentals and are a convenient way to navigate the island.
Others: Arrangements to sight-see or go on excursions can be arranged through the Concierge. The hotel or tour agency will provide transportation from the hotel and back.
Complimentary Shuttle (within Surrounding Area)
The Andaman provides complimentary shuttle service from hotel to Kuah and Pantai Cenang on alternate days for our guests. Seats are limited and subjected to availability.
|Day||Departure Time||Pick Up Destination||Pick Up Time|
|Monday||11.00 AM||Kuah Town/Langkawi Fair||4.00 PM|
|Tuesday||11.00 AM||Pantai Cenang/Underwater World||4.00 PM|
|Wednesday||11.00 AM||Kuah Town/Langkawi Fair||4.00 PM|
|Thursday||11.00 AM||Pantai Cenang/Underwater World||4.00 PM|
|Friday||11.00 AM||Kuah Town/Langkawi Fair||4.00 PM|
|Saturday||11.00 AM||Pantai Cenang/Underwater World||4.00 PM|
|Sunday||11.00 AM||Kuah Town/Langkawi Fair||4.00 PM|
If you require transportation assistance, or if you have any additional requests, please feel free to contact us at (60)(4) 959 1088
Hear from our guests about their stay from 362 verified guest reviews
85%of our guests
recommend this hotel
My first time in the Andaman Langkawi and can't wait to go back! We were a family of 6 (4 kids) and had the best of relaxing by the beach/ pool as well as exploring the 600m year old rainforest. Monkeys and birds onsite was fun, though took a while for some of the kids to get used to the geckos and ants around!.
So many positives but some unique features:
- staff v helpful and I especially liked the novel way to also communicate with Conceirge/ Front desk via whatsapp when busy or outside the hotel
- wide range of food options. The full board option definitely value for money - make sure you reserve the various restaurants in advance (we left Jala to the last night and well worth the wait).
- lots of activities onsite for kids/ adults eg pool, beach, guided tours, coral viewing
Areas to improve which would have been the icing on the cake:
- transport to town is very expensive (taxis/ private). Hotel should run more shuttles and that would also help local trade
- not all the food was halal. And wasn't labelled as such either. Fortunately we asked the chefs who advised straight away.